Wednesday, August 08, 2007

We TRASHED THE DRESS!

Hey Everyone,

So, I was going to wait and surprise you all with this, but I just can't wait any longer...!

Weeks ago I asked a friend, who has been married a few years now, if she would get back into her dress so I could take some pictures of her. She more than politely obliged and was very excited when I told her what my plan was. I told her I wanted to do something gritty, urban, industrial. And I knew just the place. We had my good friend Tiffany Jones, from the OttawaMakeupArtists do the makeup. Initially I thought I wanted dramatic makeup, but since my model was a natural beauty and she would be posed against some graffiti and dirt, it had to be a very natural look.

I scouted a few locations in Ottawa, and found some of the more dirty, garbage infested areas in town, but I'll get to that in a minute. Laura donned her very expensive Justina McCaffrey dress for the day and we set off on our adventure.

Here is the first pic of the day. Isn't the bride beautiful?!



Straight out of Vogue...



Believe it or not, we took this shot on a bench in front of the water treatment facility. A perfect backdrop for our "Trash the Dress" photo shoot!



Same bench, same water treatment facility. I loooooove this shot. The contradiction of the dirty background with an old trash bin and tractor tire, with a lovely model in her beautiful dress.



This image is so simple, yet so intense. I just told Laura to lean against the pillar, that's it. Seems like it should be more difficult than that.



I had Laura take off her shoes for this shot and asked her to spin around in her dress. The scene is somewhat dizzy, but I'm adding it to the 'favourites' folder.



Here is the same scene. The graffiti in the bg is wicked cool.



Again, the intensity of this image is almost overwhelming. Her eyes seem almost unreal...it's mesmerizing.



We really did some cool shots, but the dress is none the worse for wear! And it was so worth it. I haven't posted all the pics, I want you to come by to check them out... :). Thanks Laura, Shane and Tiffany! It was a super day!

SO, for all you brides out their who want to get back into their wedding dress and do something entirely different, be sure to contact me! After all, how many times after you're married will you be able to wear it again? What happens to it? It just sits in the closet and wastes away....NOW IS YOUR CHANCE to break it out again!!!

We are adding a "Trash the Dress" session to a few of our packages for 2008! Be sure to inquire!

And if you're already married and want to dust off your dress, be sure to give me a call, and we'll hook you up! And yes, the guys are more than welcome to get into their tux or a nice suit and join their wives.

2 comments:

Chris+Lynn said...

Love the shot against the pillars - fun stuff!

derrickrice said...

this is awesome stuff byron!! you have to share with me the location, i love the urban landscape, my favorite place to shoot.

amazing work!! beware i am stalking your blog!!

cheers,
d