Wednesday, November 14, 2007

10 things...

Here are 10 things you might not know about me:

1. I am a huge football fan - that is soccer for those not in the know. My team - Manchester United. I know, I know, but I've been on the wagon since...well, since forever. Ryan Giggs would be my favourite player. 34 years old, left footed and still blazingly fast.

2. I shave once a week. Why? Well, to be honest it just hurts to shave. Really no other reason. By day 6, I start to look like a lumberjack.

3. I don't sleep well before weddings. Generally, I spend the Friday before a Saturday wedding prepping. Going to our shooting location, checking the light, charging batteries, testing equipment etc etc. Those things usually don't bother me, what usually gets under my skin is wondering what new pose or interesting idea I'm going to try as I want, ultimately, each couple to have some very unique photos for their album. When the camera clicks its first shot, the nerves are gone and it's game time.

4. I broke my collarbone walking my dog when I was 13. Well, more like a slow jog. Embarrassing. She wrapped my legs and arms up with the chain so that I couldn't put my hands out to break my fall. I had to wear this really geeky strap that made my arms stick out the sides for like a month. Hey, it's hard for a kid at 13.

5. I shed a few tears when my childhood dog died. Me, along with everyone else in the family I suppose. I loved that dog. Loved it. She was the best and so smart. I wasn't mad at her at all for #4.

6. I am a self taught photographer. No BA or BFA. Once took a college course, but I had read so many books by the time I took the course that I didn't get much out of it. The teacher was so mad at me for not taking notes. That is to say that I wouldn't be afraid to take another course or am not up for learning, because I learn new things every day and am fully aware as to how much more I have to learn.

7. I once got stopped by the cops for doing 113km/h in a 50km/h zone. Ticket was like $365. The reason - late for an early morning tee off.

8. My favourite movie is Braveheart. Being of partial Scottish heritage, this movie made me want to go out and buy a sword screaming at the top of my lungs..."Freeeeeedommmmmm!" I've seen this movie like 100 times and every time I watch the movie I get chills on the back of my neck. Especially the scene where William Wallace rides in to the village on his horse just after they kill his wife.

9. I can sing all the words to Johnny Cash's song Boy named Sue. I love all of his songs.

10. I love to have my Tim Horton's coffee (2 cream, 1 sugar) with a raisin teabiscuit. Each one seems to make the other taste better. Weird. Maureen thinks I'm nuts.

I'm going to tag Derrick Rice, Andrew Geddes and Sam and Mary to see if we can keep this going. (see previous post for their blogs).

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Sam and Mary said...

i love reading these 10 things posts... #8 is too funny! Thanks for the tag! I'll see if we can post something on our blog soon.

~M

Leanne Brischetto said...

Hi Byron

Totally with you on number 3#! Glad I'm not that only one who does (and feels) exactly the same thing before a wedding.