Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ode to my Grammie!

So, almost a month ago my grandmother turned 97!

...a little background from my perspective...

1. My grandmother had long black hair until she was in her 70's. By long, I mean past her waist. She used to tie it up in a bun.
2. My grandmother stopped driving her Ford Creampuff at 83.
3. My grandmother still bakes one heck of a sweet apple pie.
4. My gramdmother got me hooked on mint tea.
5. My grandmother still plays euchre at the church on Wednesdays. She still kicks a$$.
6. My grandmother still lives on her own.
7. My grandmother has knit me a pair of wool socks every Christmas for as long as I can remember.
8. My grandmother loves her Naturalizer shoes.
9. My grandmother has 7 great-grandchildren.
10. We call her Grammie!
11. My grandmother is the funniest lady I know. At my uncle's 75th birthday party and after 1.5 Mike's Hard Lemonade's my grandmother said [and I quote] "This is a lovely party. All it needs now is an old fashioned Irish fight!". Classic!!!

Here are a few pics from her birthday party.


Here she is about to blow out the candles.

This is one of her great-grandchildren. We don't beat the kids. At least not hard!

Two of my favourite girls!

She's so beautiful! I'm not sure what's she's trying to give me in this pic...maybe a jelly bean...thanks Gram.

My cousin's son - Ethan. His dad has him brainwashed to be a Liverpool fan. Honestly, he doesn't look that happy to me. I mean they are 4th in the EPL, so it's not like they have anything to be happy about. Except that minor win over Chelsea, and a seat at the Champion's League final. [Hiss....boo].

Go Man U!

One of the twin with her balloon, or ba'ooon as she calls it.

Gram and one of the twins. She loves all the kiddies so much! Says they keep her young. Must be working!

The twins saying their goodbye's. They are the cutest little girls!


Grammie - we love you! You are an amazing woman, I hope I have half your strength and zest for life.

No comments: