Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blogapalooza (Vol. II) - Chantale & Derrick!

When Derrick Rice, an Ottawa photographer asked me to shoot his wedding at first I was a bit apprehensive as I know how discerning and particular the photographic eye can be. But at the same time I was very excited at the opportunity, hoping that we were chosen for our style. When I found out where he was getting married, the choice was a no-brainer.

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Would you turn it down?! I didn't think so.

In the end I didn't need to worry at all, as they told us to just 'do your thing'. It really makes the job easy when the couple is up for being sexy and having fun! And did they deliver!! Chantale and Derek were just the best, and superb to hang with for a day.

I wanted to pick so many more to post, but I had to cut it down.

Chantale and Derrick got married at Caesar's Palace. What an amazing hotel! Derrick loved it so much he had to have the socks!


I love this shot of Chantale's mother waiting for the ceremony to begin.


The light just after the ceremony was just glorious! Derrick's expression here is perfect, I love the way he is looking at Chantale!


More of that spectacular Vegas light...


Killer shot of the ladies by the Roman pillars.


And the boys. How cool does Derrick look?!


There were very few parts of the hotel that weren't inundated with people, so when we found one, we jumped all over the opportunity.


We stayed close to Caesar's Palace, and it had some amazing white walls that were just perfect.


How sexy are these two?!?!


I love the lines in this one...


I adore the next 3 shots....(Chantale is simply stunning)




And my fave of the day...oh, how I love it!


Chantale worked it!


Maureen's fave!


Caesar's Palace. 'Nuf said.


Let's end off with a BB signature. Their eyes look so crisp and so bright! (wouldn't yours if you were getting married in Vegas?!)


Thanks so much C & D, you guys are simply the best! You both were so accomodating and willing to do anything we asked. And Maureen and I felt warmed and accepted by your families, they are all stupendous people!

What an awesome day!

3 comments:

derrickrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Byron Brydges said...

Thank you both!!! What an awesome experience, and we loved working with you guys. As you know, it makes our life easy when the couple is up for anything.

Ooops, sorry about that (I just fixed the spelling of your name...musta been the 2AM posting :))

Ha ha, tell your mom we said hello, she's a lovely lady (as are both families)!

All the best,

BB & Mo

Julie C Butler said...

Well .. I was waiting for these!! and well worth the wait .. I have to say!!
You did an amazing job .. I just love all of them!! I am sure all the rest are just as stunnig as all of these!!
Wicked shots!!