Monday, July 02, 2007

Sara + John!

I'm so lucky to be in the business that I am. I was not only able to shoot Sara & John's engagement, but their wedding as well. Why does that make me so lucky you ask? Well, they are just stupendous people and they welcomed us into their family and circle of friends with open arms. We both felt like we'd known them for years, which is such a great feeling. And to top that off, they have some of THE most amazing shots we've ever done. And I'm not just saying that because they're paying me...but I truly believe it. They gave me enough time to create images for them that they will truly cherish forever (which I rarely get), the light was perfect, and they gave me full creative control and trusted me completely. Oh yeah, it also helps when you are surrounded by very good looking peoplel!!

This makes our job so much easier. We have a chance to really get into the shoot. And it paid off! You be the judge...

A nice vintage feel. Love that caught off-guard look.


One of the flower girls (she loved the camera!).



The boys, in their most casual pose.



One of my new favourites (you're going to see this one out there in the future...). See what I said about crazy good looking people!



I could go on and on about how photogenic the bride was, but I think this sums it up.



We'll use anything as a backdrop. The bride and groom are seen here at the lifeguard hut.



Their first meeting in the church.



A beautiful moment on the beach.



Seated on the rocks. For you photographers out there, no flash, no fill. Just 100% pure over exposure. Remember to expose for the face. Then you'll get that super sweet wraparound effect.



Once again, vintage.





3 words - vintage, Vintage, VINTAGE!!!




Honestly, it will be tough for you guys to pick a top photo. There are literally hundreds of butt-kicking images, that will knock your sox off!

Check out the ***SLIDESHOW*** to see some more from this amazing wedding.

Thanks again, for letting us be part of your very special day!

1 comment:

derrickrice said...

great work byron, love the vintage feel and britania is an awesome location.