Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gera & Joe!

It seemed like so long ago that I got an email from a woman whose name sounded very familiar. After we exchanged a few notes, we discovered that we both attended the same high school and her fiance and I played basketball against one another. Small world!

Both Gera and Joe are such a sweet couple and compliment each other so well. And both come from very prominent farm families in the area.

Gera's family came from Holland to start a successful farm in the Ottawa Valley.
A little taste of home...


A bride couldn't beam any more on her wedding day!


Gera's father grew a field of sunflowers just for the day.




I love this shot of Joe!


I know you probably won't believe me, but I caught this shot of the couple in wedded bliss just after the ceremony!


Maureen took this shot of the bouquet...fantastic!


We went up to an abandoned silo that overlooks the Ottawa Valley. One of my faves of the day!


Gotta love that sun flare!


This is what the first dance looked like from the balcony. I think there was around 800 people at the reception!


Gera and Joe - we certainly enjoyed our time with you. Add to that shooting in my home town, it was a super day!

BB & Mo

1 comment:

Julie C Butler said...

for a minute there I thought you took these in Holland!!!
Great shots!! Haha!! I think you were posting on my blog at the same time I was posting on yours!!
J~